Better than a
poke in the eye
with a sharp stick.
Other Excellent AppleScripters
- Jonathan Nathan - John has tons of extremely helpful routine examples, AppleScript Studio techniques, individual scripts, etc.
Email Lists (Highly recommended)
- Script Debugger - Serious AppleScripters take note. No equal.
- Image Info - IPTC/EXIF data reading for scripters, without having to open the image.
- Extra Suites - Progress bars and much more; for scripters.
- AppleScript Studio - A discussion list for scripters and developers using AppleScript Studio, a development environment for applications developed in Project Builder and implemented using AppleScript. This list focuses on the use of the AppleScriptKit classes and on the use of Project Builder and Interface Builder to create AppleScript applications.
- AppleScript Users - The applescript-users list is for scripters writing scripts in AppleScript. It's for everyone from newbies to experienced scripters, and it contains discussions on scripting style, how to script popular applications like Palm Desktop and AppleWorks, where to find obscure scripting additions, and ways to improve the performance and readability of your scripts.
- AppleScript Implementors - The applescript-implementors list is for programmers implementing Open Scripting Architecture support in their applications and other software. It's for technical discussions about using the OSA APIs, internal workings of AppleScript and other OSA languages.
|AppleScript Error Codes|
|-2701||Can't divide *number* by zero. |
|-2702||The result of a numeric operation was too large.|
|-2703||*reference* can't be launched because it is not an application.|
|-2704 ||*reference* isn't scriptable.|
|-2705||The application has a corrupted dictionary.|
|-2707||Internal table overflow.|
|-2708||Attempt to create a value larger than the allowable size.|
|-2709||Can't get the event dictionary.|
|-2720||Can't both consider and ignore *attribute*.|
|-2721||Can't perform operation on text longer than 32K bytes.|
|-2729||Message size too large for the 7.0 Finder.|
|-2740||A *language element* can't go after this *language element*.|
|-2741||Expected *language element* but found *language element*.|
|-2750||The *name* parameter is specified more than once.|
|-2751||The *name* property is specified more than once. |
|-2752||The *name* handler is specified more than once.|
|-2753||The variable *name* is not defined.|
|-2754||Can't declare *name* as both a local and global variable.|
|-2755||Exit statement was not in a repeat loop.|
|-2760||Tell statements are nested too deeply.|
|-2761||*name* is illegal as a formal parameter.|
|-2762||*name* is not a parameter name for the event *event*.|
|-2763||No result was returned for some argument of this expression.|
© 2004 Spork Software | Made on a Mac
| Hosted by fluid:dt